The NYC – All City Marching Band is made up of students from public High Schools in all five boroughs of New York City. (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island)
We are the official marching band of the City of New York and perform in numerous parades throughout NYC including any parade by a championship winning New York sports team. Past performances have included field shows, parades, athletic events, concerts in the park, and the All-City Music Showcase at NYU.
All rehearsal are held at the Grand Street Campus located at 850 Grand Street, Brooklyn. (15 minutes from Union Square on the L train)
Auditions for the ACMB are held each year in June.
Any student interested in the marching band experience that does not play an instrument is welcome to join the COLOR GUARD!
The color guard is a corp of dedicated students that use colorful flags, costumes, and dance moves to add visual excitement and appeal to the music the band plays.
For more information, visit http://nycacmb.weebly.com/
Reality Check, our student engagement and youth action component, is a student led, adult supported, statewide program for youth between the ages of 13 through 18 to address tobacco control initiatives. Students who join NYC Smoke-Free’s Reality Check program participate and lead activities and events to help expose the tobacco industry and reduce the number of teens that initiate smoking.
With NYC Smoke-Free Reality Check, students will…“>
- Develop leadership skills with opportunities to work with peers across the state
- Become stronger public speakers
- Build confidence and enhance teamwork skills while meeting new friends
- Engage legislators on issues that affect youth across the country
- Find a safe place to explore interests and utilize talents to advocate for a cause
- Discover a world full of fun experiences and new activities
- Fulfill service requirements to attract perspective colleges/universities
- Create multimedia projects that are used to educate their communities and the nation.
For more information, visit http://nycsmokefree.org/studentengagement
Cyber Security Awareness Week is the largest student-run cyber security event in the nation, featuring six competitions, keynote presentations, workshops, and an industry fair.
Students who like math, computers ,gaming or coding, be advised: High School Forensics is coming, and you don’t have to be an expert to play.
Every fall, Cyber Security Awareness Week brings together students and industry leaders for a conference, career fair and set of six competitions in a field whose importance has never been greater. HSF is one of the biggest competitions at CSAW. But it’s more than that. For students who code, it’s a door to their future.
For information visit : https://csaw.engineering.nyu.edu/
– For 22 years, Church Street School has provided process–oriented arts education to Tribeca and Lower Manhattan.
– Developed by Church Street School faculty and alumni, 7eventytwo expands Church Street School’s arts and music education program to the under–served teenagers of New York City.
-7evenytwo is a safe place for young people to meet art professionals, filmmakers and artists, and open a dialogue with them, coming together to speak about art and emerging identity.
– 7eventywo is a teen arts space for 13–18 year olds to collaborate creatively on innovative arts and music projects.
– A new paradigm in teen arts education, 7eventytwo’s members have unlimited access to monthly concerts, film screenings, rehearsal space, and workshops.
– Our workshops center on exposure and self-investigation. Through learning new processes and working with new materials, kids find ways to connect to each other and themselves.
|THE INTEGRATION OF YOGA AND THEATRE
We will focus on fine-tuning the actor‘s main instrument the body through the practice of yoga. Using different vocal resonators through yoga postures prepare to explore the infinite imagination one has when shaping characters. The first hour of class will be guided yoga practice, focusing on on breath movement and sound. The last half hour will focus on the integration of the practice into theater studies by studying scenes, monologues, vocal resonators and different methods of character development.
*All experience levels welcome in both Theatre and Yoga.
Visit galleries and produce work in dialogue with contemporary artists! Build a portfolio for art school by gaining technical experience in drafting. Gain insight into your work and develop your artistic voice through group critique.
*This workshop includes one session of life drawing from a nude model.
Using digital photography as a springboardwe will explore new practices in digital and analog image making thru visiting artist talks, in class shooting excercises and culminating in our own shoot in a fully equipped shooting studio.
Write songs, learn covers, silk screen t-shirts and other merch, and at the end of the workshop play a live show with other bands at 7eventytwo. By playing in groups we will challenege each other and ourselves to be better artists.
*All experience levels welcome.
OUR EVENTS - FREE FOR MEMBERS
OUR MEMBERSHIP MODEL
– Membership is $500 per semester and includes one 8-week workshop and unlimited access to events.
– Events $8 for non–members
– Individual –week workshops are $450
View details here: www.7eventytwo.org or https://www.facebook.com/7eventytwo/
What is High 5?
Through ArtsConnection’s High 5 program, teens ages 13 to 18 buy $5 tickets to the best of New York City dance, music, theater and visual arts events year round. Tickets to museums are two for $5 every day. We also have theater, dance, symphonies, Hip-Hop, film and spoken work, so check out our Event Calendar for a complete listing of events and to purchase tickets.
To learn more, check out this website: www.artsconnection.org/teens