What We Do:
- Plan Y2-sponsored fundraisers and events to raise money for the Class Gift! It is a BHSEC tradition that each class donate a lasting gift to the school. Gifts have included funds for the seminar books, a white board or other technology, furniture for the garden or library, etc. In the past fund-raising events such as a Halloween Costume Contest, Teacher Karaoke, school dances, etc., have helped to raise money for the class gift.
- Encourage Y2 participation in submitting requested information and photos for the graduation activities and for the yearbook (such as baby pix, graduation quotes, etc.)
- Communicate Y2 initiatives with Y2 advisories and promote upcoming events to the entire student body
- Help strengthen the culture of BHSEC by building inter-class (across grade) relationships and leading school-wide events. In the past we’ve had events such as Battle of the Bands, Community Field Day, a potential BHSEC Manhattan vs. Queens event, etc.
- Act as leaders and role models to underclassman by demonstrating school spirit and leadership skills.