Class of 2020 Y2 Dates (WATCH FOR UPDATES!) and Dues
Students and families will be notified via email in the event of a date change. Also check the BHSEC web calendars for the most current information):
- HERE ARE THE DATES TO SAVE:
- June 17: 8pm-12am: Year 2 Formal (Prom) at Manhattan Penthouse, 80 Fifth Ave.
- June 19: Mandatory AA Commencement rehearsal at Hunter College, TIME TBA; Y2 Affinity Ceremony TIME TBA
- June 22: Mandatory Honors Convocation rehearsal/cap & gown distribution, BHSEC , 11 a.m.
- June 23, 4-6pm: Honors Convocation & Awards Ceremony at BHSEC
- June 25 (tent/to be confirmed): AA Commencement at Hunter College, 10 a.m.
What your Y2 Graduation Dues cover:
Your last year at BHSEC is filled with many memorable and exciting events. In order to cover the costs of activities uniquely associated with Y2s, we ask for dues from each member of the graduating class. Year 2 dues cover a variety of commencement-related costs including:
– Cap, Gown, Tassel
– Commencement & Honors Convocation (hall rental, invitations, programs, flowers and musicians)
– Y2 Formal (Prom)
– Y2 Gift Bag
*** THIS ENTRY HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED for 2019-20 dates
HOWEVER dues remain at $300 and you may pay in one to five installments as in years past ***
Y2 Dues Payment Plans:
The cost of Year 2 dues this year is $300 payable in one to five installments. Bring all payments to Ms.Palmieri in Rm. 208 on the dates noted to streamline the accounting process. Y2 Dues Financial Aid Forms are available from Ms.Rossi or Ms.Powell (see below). Payment plans are as follows:
Payment Plan 1:
|$300||Sept. 28, or Oct. 26, or Nov. 16|
Payment Plan 2:
Payment Plan 3:
|$60||Jan. 4, 2019|
- Students seeking financial aid to defray the cost of Year 2 dues for up to $100 will have to obtain a Y2 Dues Financial Aid Form, AND have submitted the Dept. of Ed. Meals form by September 28, 2018. The form can be completed on-line here: https://www.myschoolapps.com/Home/Pickdistrict , or families may mail in a paper form (obtained from Ms.Turitz, Parent Coordinator). If you have questions/concerns about your family’s ability to pay the Y2 Dues, please contact Ms.Powell, Rm.209, email@example.com, right away.
- ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE VIA CASH OR MONEY ORDERS ONLY **
- NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED – sorry, no exceptions.
*For student security, money orders are strongly encouraged
**Please make money orders payable to “Bard High School Early College”
- Student’s name must be clearly marked on all payments.
- Students are responsible for getting a receipt from Ms.Palmieri when they submit their payments.
- ALL Y2 DUES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE – no exceptions.
Additional Y2 Info:
Class of 2019 Legacy Gift: Our Y2 class gift fundraising goal is $1,500. The money raised will go towards a gift voted on by the class. Gifts from previous years have included furniture for classrooms/the library, picnic tables for the yard and a SMART Board.
Year 2 Graduation Portraits: The Y2 formal graduation portrait days will be announced soon. Students will receive an appointment, and will need to bring $20 cash for the sitting fee. These portraits will appear in the yearbook. The photography studio will offer portrait packages to each family, with no obligation to purchase.