Reality Check, our student engagement and youth action component, is a student led, adult supported, statewide program for youth between the ages of 13 through 18 to address tobacco control initiatives. Students who join NYC Smoke-Free’s Reality Check program participate and lead activities and events to help expose the tobacco industry and reduce the number of teens that initiate smoking.
With NYC Smoke-Free Reality Check, students will…“>
- Develop leadership skills with opportunities to work with peers across the state
- Become stronger public speakers
- Build confidence and enhance teamwork skills while meeting new friends
- Engage legislators on issues that affect youth across the country
- Find a safe place to explore interests and utilize talents to advocate for a cause
- Discover a world full of fun experiences and new activities
- Fulfill service requirements to attract perspective colleges/universities
- Create multimedia projects that are used to educate their communities and the nation.
For more information, visit http://nycsmokefree.org/studentengagement