NYC Youth Leadership Councils (YLCs) are a network of youth groups focused on policy, practice, and advocacy to make local change happen.
Each YLC is a space to team up with others, share ideas, create solutions, and put those solutions into action with the support from City agencies, schools, and community organizations.
Find a YLC and apply now.
Your voice can make a difference in your community.
YLC members create solutions for:
- Advocating for mental health support and resources
- Preventing gun violence in communities
- Influencing citywide environmental sustainability awareness initiatives
- Encouraging nutritious diets and healthy lifestyles
- Connecting youth to digital resources for research and advocacy
- Using art as a tool for social action
- And more!
For a full list of active YLCs and the issues they’re working on, visit the YLC Application.
How to Apply
Find out the requirements for joining a YLC and the simple steps you can take to apply.
You can apply to a YLC if you’re between ages 14 and 21 and currently enrolled in high school or an equivalency program.