Camp programs offer youth opportunities to experience camping through both overnight and day camp. The Y offers day, specialty and sleepaway camp in NYC’s five boroughs and upstate New York. For details, visit http://www.ymcanyc.org/association/l/camp
SWIM, SPORTS & PLAY:
- Teen Swim — New York City’s YMCA has been teaching kids how to swim for more than 150 years.
- Lifeguard Training and Certification — The Y offers classes to teach you how to become a certified lifeguard.
- Sports — Youth sports programs include – baseball, basketball, boxing, flag football, general fitness & exercise, gymnastics, squash, racquetball, handball, tennis, kickball softball and volleyball.
- Teen Dance — We offer tap, jazz, ballet, hip-hop, ballroom or a combination of and the majority of our Y branches.
- Games & Recreation — We host teen centers and board game sessions to help neighborhood kids find new friends and a second home at the Y.
EDUCATION & LEADERSHIP:
- Teens Take the City — Teens Take the City is a dynamic leadership development program that offers NYC teens the opportunity to roll up their sleeves and get involved in issues affecting them and their community.
- Y Afterschool — The Y runs more than 100 quality afterschool programs throughout in the city out of our branches and in New York City public schools.
- College Preparation — From touring colleges together with teens from the neighborhood to filling out necessary paper work, Y teen staff can help get you take charge of the college application process.
- Tutoring — Homework help and learning center is available at select Ys.
- Leaders Clubs — Teens improve their individual leadership and social skills while also experiencing new ways to give back and grow as human beings.
- Youth & Government — Youth & Government lets young people experience how our nation’s democratic process works from the inside out. Starting with issues that stir their passions, teens learn to debate public policy, write legislation and (simulate) taking over the State Legislature in Albany.
To view a full list of YMCA Teen Programs, visit https://ymcanyc.org/programs/kids-family/teen-programs. To get involved in the programs listed above, please contact your local branch and ask for the teen director.